Thursday, October 20, 2011

4: Something Green


My something green is a picture of the awning outside of our apartment. This little, mildew covered awning has greeted me everyday I get home for the past year and 1 month. I have always liked this awning. It somehow reminds me of a European countryside cottage. 

I chose this picture because nostalgia is starting to set into my heart. You see, Ben and I are moving out of our cozy, little, one bedroom apartment next week. We are moving into a townhouse so we have a little extra room for Baby B. I'm excited for this "upgrade" to a little more space (and hopefully functioning windows that keep out drafts), but I am sad to leave the little place that Ben and I have made our first home. We have created so many good memories here. But, it is time to look forward. New adventures are on our horizon! New memories are to be made at our new place! So, pretty, green awning, I have enjoyed your welcoming presence this past year, but I am moving on to new things....goodbye!

3 comments:

  1. Tracy! It makes me sad I never got to see your first home, I will be sure to visit your new home. I promise!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy...I completely agree...this has a very English Country side feel to it! I want to see your place some day...I bet I'd love your style. I LOVE this picture. You're really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn! It is sad....but yes, you must come up and see my new place! And I want to see yours!!! Love you, Jenn!!

    Tami, you are always welcome as well! I need to have all my friends up one of these days....that would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete