Thursday, November 3, 2011

Catch up day 2

Today I will post days 10, 11, & 12....and hopefully by tomorrow I can be back on track with everyone else.

Day 10: Childhood Memory


The house I grew up in! So much of my childhood is wrapped up in this place! My parents moved there 2 weeks before my oldest brother was born, and they still live there today. The front yard alone has so many memories...building countless snowmen in the winter, mowing the grass summer after summer, learning to ride my bike on the grass...then venturing onto the driveway, playing basketball and catch, laying out the slip n slide on a hot summer day, shucking corn on the front step....and that's just a start! I love going back here to visit my parents. It just feels like home! :)

Day 11: Something Blue


I love this picture. I took this last spring soon after I got my new camera. Ben and I went on a walk around Valpo, so I could have some fun with my new gadget. We discovered this charming, old garage in an ally near our apartment. It's paint was peeling everywhere, but I just thought it added to the character of the old building. We walked by the same garage a few months later, and found that the owners had painted it green. In my opinion, it looked much better with it's old, peeling, blue paint. 

Day 12: Sunset


One of my favorite things about living in Northwest Indiana is living so close to Lake Michigan. It's such a novelty to this girl who grew up in the middle of cornfields to have a beach only 20 minutes away!! I love it!! Here's the sunsetting over the beautiful Lake Michigan!

1 comment:

  1. Burgers at redamaks, then ice cream topped with a cool sunset. Note to new parents, 10yr olds don't always know when a good time is right around the corner! Nice pic Tracy.

    Love anonomys

    ReplyDelete